Thursday, July 26, 2012



This is my final presentation of this summers studio course. Everything we did lead up to this. On my first poster it is the introduction to my process of how my seat and shelter came to be. It all started with Dorothy Draper and learning her style. On the upper right can corner is my inspirational object, a blossom from the blossomed branch that inspired my abstractions. Also on the process poster is my object analysis, 2-D partis, 3-D partis, my abstract models,leading to a concept model to the final model. Also most importantly my concept statement on how my bench cam to be and why I did the things I did. My next poster is focused on the view of the seat and shelter. Titled with the word Delicacy because I personally feel like that fits the theme of my seat and shelter pretty well. We also had to take a photo of our bench at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 4:00PM to show where it cast the shadows. Accompanied with a two point perspective view. On the final poster I show two different elevations, plan, and a section view of the seat and shelter. Also the materials used to develop my seat and shelter. I picked out acrylic based products to give a more light airy feel I felt that something like wood or metal would be to heavy for a delicate feel. I am completely satisfied with my final product and it was worth all the long sleepless nights. Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment